Ronaldo left out of Al Nassr squad amid unrest (Full Transcript)

Reports say Cristiano Ronaldo is frustrated with Al Nassr’s management and Benzema-to-Al Hilal links, after being omitted from Monday’s squad.
Download Transcript (DOCX)
Speakers
add Add new speaker

[00:00:00] Speaker 1: What's going on with Cristiano Ronaldo? The 40-year-old was left out of Saudi team Al Nasser's squad on Monday, and there's reports that he refused to play because he's not happy with how his club's being run by Saudi Arabia's public investment fund, which the Saudi government uses to invest in things. It's kinda like their savings account, and it also owns 80% of Newcastle United, and has put hundreds of millions of pounds into companies like Disney, Uber, Facebook and Starbucks. Back to Ronaldo, he joined Al Nasser four years ago from Manchester United, after giving an interview saying he felt betrayed by United. The move made him the best paid player ever in football, earning £177m a year, helping him to become football's first ever billionaire player, according to Bloomberg. He did agree to sign a new contract last year, and has been the league's top scorer the last two seasons. But right now he's frustrated, and the BBC's been told his old Real teammate Karim Benzema being linked with a move to rivals Al Halal is the main reason why. So far he's only won one trophy with Al Nasser, the Arab Club Champions Cup in 2023.

ai AI Insights
Arow Summary
Cristiano Ronaldo, 40, was omitted from Al Nassr’s squad amid reports he refused to play due to dissatisfaction with club management under Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF). Despite being the league’s top scorer for two seasons and signing a new contract last year, he is reportedly frustrated—particularly by links of former Real Madrid teammate Karim Benzema potentially joining rivals Al Hilal. Since joining from Manchester United on a record £177m-per-year deal, Ronaldo has won only the 2023 Arab Club Champions Cup with Al Nassr.
Arow Title
Reports: Ronaldo left out at Al Nassr amid frustrations
Arow Keywords
Cristiano Ronaldo Remove
Al Nassr Remove
Saudi Pro League Remove
Public Investment Fund Remove
PIF Remove
Karim Benzema Remove
Al Hilal Remove
Manchester United Remove
Real Madrid Remove
contract Remove
top scorer Remove
Arab Club Champions Cup Remove
Arow Key Takeaways
  • Ronaldo was left out of Al Nassr’s squad amid claims he refused to play.
  • His reported dissatisfaction centers on Al Nassr’s management under the PIF.
  • Links of Benzema joining rivals Al Hilal are cited as a key source of frustration.
  • Ronaldo remains a prolific scorer and recently agreed to a new contract.
  • Despite massive wages and profile, his trophy haul at Al Nassr is limited to one cup (2023).
Arow Sentiments
Neutral: The tone is largely factual and report-driven, highlighting uncertainty ('reports', 'BBC's been told') while noting Ronaldo’s frustration and club-management concerns without overt judgment.
Arow Enter your query
{{ secondsToHumanTime(time) }}
Back
Forward
{{ Math.round(speed * 100) / 100 }}x
{{ secondsToHumanTime(duration) }}
close
New speaker
Add speaker
close
Edit speaker
Save changes
close
Share Transcript