Transcriptionists, for some, may seem like an odd antique. Just think of the secretaries in the Mad Men TV show, who did this role for their superiors to a large extent. But not so fast! Despite technological progress, most of us having computers and smartphones, and harnessing artificial intelligence, transcriptions are still in high demand!
Productivity growth leads to higher salaries. Therefore companies look for higher efficiency. Outsourcing transcription for many applications is becoming the next exciting business node. Just try to imagine how many videos or audio content for managerial or marketing purposes companies do produce daily worldwide: meetings, conferences, presentations, seminars, etc. Even without considering the pandemic!
These transcriptions become internal documents for dissemination and archiving. Or are used as captions in video content. Or even for SEO purposes. Surely some are trying to use technology, but the diversity of tones, articulation, and talking volume is not any better than a trained transcriber. And a well-trained transcriber can be highly efficient in one’s work, therefore in Go Transcript we can offer you an excellent deal.
Although business is looking for efficiency, the academy is looking for accuracy and focuses on research. In both humanities and the social sciences, transcription is at the core of their research methodologies. A similar case is with the judicial system, where transcriptions of court hearings are in demand.
And more fields are utilizing transcription services and are not likely to seize doing it anytime soon. For example:
- Healthcare (patient statements, medical procedures, lectures, meetings, international events);
- Education (lecture notes, transcripts for videos, and other materials);
- Marketing (audience research interviews, product testing, industry events, expert interviews);
- Journalism (interviews, transcripts for public events, videos, statements).
Practical applications are plenty as well.
- Video transcription: enhances its accessibility and SEO;
- Podcast: as in the video, improves its accessibility and SEO;
- Teamwork: have a record of your discussions and thinking process;
- Training: having lecturer’s thoughts and know-how saved for future use among a wider audience than in the original event;
- Market research: interviews, focus groups, calling the clients for feedback on your product;
- Phone calls: when training the salespersons or some personal reasons;
- Technical support: analyzing redundant requests, issues, keywords to analyze and intervene for product improvement.
Keep in touch with us. We will help you to focus on your core activity and will make the next transcription for you.